Monday, January 31, 2011

Poaching

Ah Friday afternoon, cool temperatures, clear sky's, slip out of work early, and poach the hiking trails. I can't help it! I mean just look at the pictures! It's some of the best trails in our area. I would never have started this but someone in the crew introduced me to these little gems and I keep being drawn back. I never planned to ride them when I left the house. I was just going to do my regular route with maybe a hill repeat at the end to get the blood flowing. But at the intersection I told myself "I'll just roll down here a little ways". I should have know better.





Yea the mountain bike trails are fun and I appreciate the opportunity to have a place to ride. And no I can't come up with a good rationalization for disobeying the rules and poaching. Hey, they do hike on our trails don't they? I even ran into some horse riders on Red Bug! But still, two wrongs don't make a right.









I rode slow, well, slower than normal. I tried to be real quiet and I stopped every now and then. I admit I've ridden these trails before but I've never really looked at the woods we ride through. I guess that's one reason I don't have the urge to ride a road bike I just like the woods better.


I almost got busted toward the end of the ride, man that would be embarrassing. I eased out of the woods and onto the multi use just in the nick of time.





I'm going to miss this time of year. I do look forward to longer days and riding without lights but I know I'll miss just this type of afternoon.




To top the day off we ate at my favorite restaurant that night.




Sometimes Fridays are the best, even better than the rest of the weekend. It's the anticipation of things to come that make it so fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment