Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sunday Morning Coming Down

This has nothing to do with today's subject, I just thought it was funny.

No I'm not going to bore you with more vacation pictures.  I'm having enough trouble adapting to the regular work week without looking at them again.

I have tried to be true to the OMTP (Old Man Training Plan).  I seem to come up a little short with regards to hours on the long weeks and then go over on the short ones.  Anyhoo, it's been entertaining planning and scheduling my time.  I know, you've all been through something like this before and you're saying "screw that, that sounds too much like work", and you'd be right.  But give me a little slack here, I need some extra motivation now and then.  You know, when it's Sunday afternoon and you've missed all the group rides due to family stuff, but you really need another 3 hours to make the week.  The kid doesn't want to go and the back porch looks soooo inviting.  You open the fridge to get a water bottle, and you see the cold bottle of beer.   "I'm right here" it says "just grab me and a good book".  Ah, but the plan says to go ride.

That's the way it went last Sunday, so I loaded up and headed out the door, alone.

I think the kid is getting tired of just he and I riding by ourselves.  The first question I get is "who else is going?".  When I say "just me", he usually sighs.  Unfortunately it's the way that this OMTP seems to work.  It's hard to blend in a particular workout with a group ride so I end up going by myself and the kid feels like he should tag along.  But not last Sunday, he opted out.  So I took my music to Forest Meadows and rode the Torture Loop.

I managed to get my 3 hours in and still have some Sunday afternoon left.   I missed my scheduled hours for the week by 1:10 but I could hear the above mentioned beer calling to me again on the last lap.  Yea, I'm weak, that's why I have to work so hard to get a whopping 6th place.  There's only two and a half weeks until my first B race.  I better stay away from that refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment