Friday, August 14, 2015

Rocky Mountain High


The view of Quandry from 13,000.  Those little dots are people.


Just a little bit more on the 14'r hike if you don't mind.

Before the looooong hike down
These guys wouldn't get off the trail


Keystone Co.

The Kid wanted to do some downhill so The Lovely Wife and I went along with him to the Keystone ski area.  I had no idea what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised.  It's like it's own city, complete with shops and restaurants.

The view of Quandry from Keystone

After watching a rider endo and compound fracture his collar bone I was apprehensive while watching The Kid get on the lift.  After he made a lap down the mountain safely The Lovely Wife and I grabbed a seat at a restaurant call Kickapoo.  They had tables on a deck right next to a creek. You know a beer at lunch always tastes better, add clear blue sky, mountains, and no gnats, and you've got an almost perfect day.



We bought lift tickets and went to the top of the mountain to hike a 2 mile trail.  Riding up was definitely easier than what we did the day before.




The Kid all armored up after his first run
The Kid ended his day with a big grin.  He said I wouldn't like it, said it was too technical for me.  Whatever.

Anyhoo, we had a great day.

The next day we went on the slowest road ride I've ever gone on.  All bike path.  Not the most fun but still an experience.

Headed Home

So much to do out there, so beautiful, so far away from us.  So hard to look at these pictures and not yearn to be back there.  I guess that's why we go away.  I want to try other places, we've been to Breck twice now, I wonder if the rest of the west has got anything better?  I hope we get to find out.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have read your blog earlier... I live in Denver now... Friend me on Facebook and the next time you guys are out here i'll take you on some of the Jeep trails and check out some of the mines here... also you could have your bikes shipped out to our place.
    Diamond Donnie Jackson

    ReplyDelete