Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Winter's Coming

So I have to dress warm.  I know it looks a little odd, but not as odd as Silk's pose.  I actually thought I looked pro when I left the house.  Apebike just couldn't stop laughing though.  I did regret the jacket and booties later as we hit the single track.  Still had a great north side crew ride.  I wish we did more of these.  I ride so much alone lately I've almost forgotten what it's like to ride with others.

Training

I'm in week 6 of base.  Haven't had to skip much at all, just reschedule some workouts.  Been doing all the yoga and roller stretches the OMTP prescribes.  I am surprised how sore some of this makes me feel the next day, sorta sorry I'd been skipping them.  I've had some great rides along lake Jackson as the sun goes down.  If I hadn't been on a plan I probably wouldn't have even gone riding.  Look what I would have missed.

Winter and Christmas

Both cause me joy and some melancholy.   

 

 This old church is located in the small town of Waynesboro Tn.  My father's family had a hand in founding the church in the mid 1800's.  His family had their own pew and we spent many a Christmas eve here.  Of course for a kid from the suburbs of Jacksonville it was all kinda hokey.  We used to walk to church from my grandparents house on those cold nights.  All I wanted to do was to get back and open presents.


Now I look forward to The Kid coming home from school.  We have our traditional golf game on Christmas day.  He's really happy about it as you can tell from the photo above.  I guess for a big college guy it all seems kinda hokey.  Funny how things come back around.

No comments:

Post a Comment