Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Frost Already?

It's sure been great weather this past couple of weeks, even had frost one morning which is unusual before Thanksgiving. With it being so pretty I figured it was time to take the Fam for a bike ride. We loaded up Sunday morning and headed for Forest Meadows. It had been awhile since Bunky had been on a bike so I planned an easy route and promised not to run off and leave her like Rupe and I normally do on these rides. She wanted to try the new Silk trail toward the end of the ride and she really enjoyed it. We ended up riding for about 2 hours at a very sedate pace but all of us enjoyed the day.



Earlier in the week we attended the premiere of Race Across the Sky and that had Rupe all fired up to do some long distance events. He said "I'm going to ride that race someday, maybe when I'm 30". I did the math in my head and figured I wasn't going to be doing it with him. But I did enjoy seeing his enthusiasm for something like that. We have the Tour of San Felasco coming up this January so he'll get to see how a longer distance feels. I remember when I worked out west as a young man I puked all over my boots every day I spent much time working over 10,000 feet so I know how the altitude effects me. I can't imagine what it's like to race a bicycle at that altitude.




This weekend is the FSC round at San Felasco and we're both looking forward to racing. Although I did enjoy the Spaghetti as much if not more than these cross country races.



I took the dog for an off road run the other evening. We did about 3 miles on our hunting lease which has quite a bit of elevation change for Florida. The dog had a fantastic time, if only I could just enjoy my runs like that dog does.
"Come hear uncle john's band by the river side" Gratefull Dead

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the race this weekend, boys! The weather is amazing, and those trails are fun. If you're down there on Saturday, hit up Conestoga for good sized, country eats. If you're there just for Sunday, well, they'll be closed.

    ReplyDelete