Friday, December 14, 2012

One Day


I admit I'm going to miss cross practice.  I like getting there while it's still light and hammering out a few laps.  It's weird, on the MTB I can't stand running lap after lap of the same thing, but on the cross bike I get some kind of perverse pleasure in trying to hit the same corner 10 times.



The new wheels could have something to do with that.  They took a whole pound off the bike.  Plus being tubeless allows me to run low pressure which makes the ride a little smoother.  Old guys need smooth.

I don't really know how it works but I turned on the Strava app on my phone before I rode last week.  Low and behold when I opened it up later that night I had second place on the gator cross loop.  It seems kind of suspicious, there's a lot of really good cyclists behind me (including BJS).  I must have cut the course or something.  But hey, it was worth it to call BJS while he was on vacation and inform him of my superiority.  Even though it will be short lived.

I started a new OMTP this week.  After much research and advice from the old guard in Bike Chain I went with LW Coaching.  I don't know why I like this type of structure.  At my age you'd think the last thing I'd want was some tart telling me how much to exercise.  http://lwcoaching.com/

I've been watching my competitors from the Old Man's Class last year.  I've seen them on FB.  Don't you guys think I haven't been watching.  I see you out there winning races in the Florida Series Mr. Ham.  And did I see you mentioned in a trainers photo also?  And you Mr. FRSS, yea I got the invite to the Snake Gap Time Trial you did.  The only person I haven't seen much of is Santa.  I was really hoping you guys would sit around all winter eating sugar cookies and watching TV.  But noooooo, you have to get all in shape.  Bastards!

This weekend is the Swampcross in Gainesville.  I've never done this event before but everyone tells me it's fun.  I bet there's some juiced up 60 year olds on the line with me Saturday morning.  I'm looking forward to the pain.  Maybe one day I'll beat these guys.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: