Wednesday, February 27, 2013

But You and I We've Been Through That

And this is not our fate

But let us not talk softly now

The hours getting late

Sorry Bob, I like Jimie's version better.  I hope that's the right words.  Whadda ya think Terry?  Oh why am I asking you, you didn't even get the words to New York State of Mind right.


Anyhoo, that's one of the songs on my play list that keep me entertained during my gym time.  I catch a glance at myself every now and then in the mirrors and I'll be dancing.  Not really all out, but you know, just a little shuffle.  I wonder what the other patrons must think about that. 

Speaking of my fellow gym users, pleaseeeee get off the station when you're done.  DON'T sit there and talk with your friend, girlfriend, mother etc.  If you have to have a freaking social hour stand along the wall or better yet go outside.  I got an hour to do my deal here and I hate to wait.  Besides, my workout is so much harder than yours, plus it's more important.

You do that don't ya?  Those of you who use a gym.  Compare your level of workout against the others.  Really?  I'm the only one?  Fortunately for me, in my gym in Beautiful Downtown Havana, I do one of the hardest workouts.  Believe it or not!  It could be because I'm younger than most of the other customers.  Surprised huh?  Didn't think folks that old went to gyms did ya?

Scotland

 
Saturday I pedaled the "Roads of Scotland" while listening to the Drive By Truckers and watching it flood outside my garage.  The OMTP called for an hour and a half on the trainer.  Screw that.  I was watching the clock at 57 minuets.  As soon as I hit an hour I was off.

Sunday

Who likes to talk while they ride?  "I do, I do"

Sunday Cliffy and I did a CX ride in the ANF (again).  We varied the route from last week.  The roads were like riding on carpet in spots but it was sure a good workout.  I've said it before I know, but I love riding in the Forest.  No traffic, nothing but trees.  And of course Cliffy's constant dialog.  I'll admit to a certain amount of hate at around 35 miles.  Not for Cliffy, well maybe a little, but mostly for the soft sand which seemed to only occur on the rollers.

Dog Bone Lake in the ANF
 
 
One of a few hike a bikes due to water

When I got home all I wanted to do was have a beer and take a nap on the porch.  Alas it was not to be.  I was informed that my presence was required at a Prom Committee Meeting.  I can't think of anything more dangerous than taking me to something like that hungry and tired.  The only way it could have been worse is if I'd had that beer.  I didn't think parents had anything to do with the prom.  Since when did this start?  I managed to get through it without opening my mouth and aside from a small rant in the truck on the way home I stayed out of trouble.

Birthday

I reached a personal milestone this week, I became another year older.  Steve A. asked me last night after the ride what I was doing for my birthday.  "You're looking at it" was my reply.  At 57 I'm just glad to still be having birthdays.  And I'm also happy to be able to celebrate it with a ride.

There are many here among us

Who feel that life is but a joke



No comments:

Post a Comment