Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jambalayla


I have no idea if that's how you spell it and I'm too lazy to look it up.  What I do know is my lovely wife made an amazing meal of it last Friday night. 

I had ridden Red Bug by myself that evening, it was cold and clear, the way February should be, not like this week.  I ended the ride at Higher Ground and had a few beers with Silk.  We stood out in the parking lot shooting the bull after they ran us out of the shop and I managed to get cold.  I cranked up the heat in the truck on the way back to Beautiful Downtown Havana but never managed to get the chill off.  When I got to the house she had just started cooking so I built a fire in the fireplace (yes I use real wood, not some sissy gas deal), had another beer, and took a hot shower.  The Jambalaya was ready when I got out and it was just spicy enough to make me sweat a little.  Some days are worth living twice.

The Bug


Speaking of Red Bug, I love the new trail.  Thank you to the City of Tallahassee and all the volunteers who worked on it.  It's like having a new toy.


Gorilla Sunday


We did a modified version of the Urban Gorilla ride on Sunday.  I get a little nervous with that many people on the trail, especially people I don't know, but all went well, and it ended up being a good ride.  I certainly had all I wanted by the time we hit the 4 hour mark.

That night went got together to watch the Cyclocross Worlds from Kentucky.  Somewhere in the house some kind of a football game was going on.  We consumed cold protein units and copious amounts of food.  I laughed so hard my ribs hurt the next day.  I really like my new cycling friends.




1 comment:

  1. Ya I guess you are alright too, for a cornbread eating southern punk.

    ReplyDelete