Monday, April 8, 2013

A Quick Interview With Stormin Norman After The Heartbreaker Gravel Grinder

With apologies to Tom Petty.


                                           http://ridewithgps.com/ruter/2269983/full.png

Mr. Norman, you just finished the 66 mile gravel grinder in Gainesville Fl. called the Heartbreaker, how did you feel as the ride rolled out?

It's alright if you love me
It's alright if you don't
I'm not afraid of you running away
Honey, I get the feeling you won't

What were you thinking when the first attacked occurred?

Don't do me like that
Don't do me like that

And when they attacked again in the sand section?

Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of Hell
But I won't back down

When you first realized you were getting dropped what thoughts went through your head?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
Comin down is the hardest thing

As they disappeared ahead of you what were you thinking?

God it's so painful
Something that's so close
And still so far out of reach

And when you finally got to the finish?

Oh my my, oh hell yes

So Big Jim got second.  How did he act?

It's good to be king and have your own way
Get a feeling of peace at the end of the day
And when your bulldog barks and your canary sings
You're out there with the winners, it's good to be king

Any last thoughts?

I don't know what I've been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

But you finished well behind the main group

Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes
Even the losers keep a little bit of pride
They get lucky sometimes
 

1 comment: