Thursday, September 26, 2013

Slalom Trail Breckinridge Co.




I've been in kinda a life/riding funk since the FSC race.  The hot, wet, weather, and a general malaise, have conspired to bring my grumpiness to an unusually high level.  It's not possible to stay "up" all the time, I know that, you'd be crazy if you did, but still, I'll be glad when this dark cloud moves on.

Sooo, I decided to put this little video in here.  Just watching it makes me want to ride.  Not ride locally mind you, but ride none the less.  It was 68 with thunder when we started this run.  We'd been lost and had decided to turn back towards Breckinridge and try to beat the storm.  Having just climbed this we knew it was going to be an awesome decent, we were not disappointed.  You might be wondering if I was able to stay up with The Kid, the answer is no.  I rode at a pace that made me smile but with the thought that I was a long way from home.  Later in another video you can hear him mumble "where is Dad?" while he waits for me and the thunder rumbles in the background.  And no, we didn't beat the storm.

The Here and Now

Back in not so sunny Florida and the present.   I have big plans for this weekend.  So big, I wake up early like a kid on Christmas morning thinking about them.  It involves something I haven't done in years, plus riding.  It will be a no fam weekend.  I'm hoping it helps clear the cobwebs, at least for a couple of days.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with the fam, but sometimes it's nice to get out from under those responsibilities, if only for a day or so. 

Disclaimer

The above video is not up to the standards of  WB or DH.  I don't want to spend hours in front of this screen editing something that only I really care about watching. 

Anyhoo, I hope the weekend generates much blog fodder.  I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.




No comments:

Post a Comment