Monday, January 20, 2014

Calvary

The Tour De Felasco went off without a hitch.  The forecasted storms held off till the drive home.  The Kid and I got up at 4:30 to get an early start and beat the weather.  We just happened to roll out the same time as our local crew.  For some reason this year seemed like it was more single track and less roads.  Lots of fun, only a little hate.


Calvary/Dirt/Paved

My new Garmin has the ability to download a course, then give me directions while on the bike, so I can follow it.  Fun.  My trial run was this past Sunday on a route I laid out from the big metropolis of Calvary Ga..  I tried to include as many dirt roads as I could and ended up with 41 miles.  Perfect distance to get in the 3 hours the OMTP prescribed.


It's hard to see but this field was covered in sea gulls.


It was a perfect winter day, clear and not too cold.  Rain in the morning had the clay a little soft in spots and the wind was blowing pretty hard, but still a great day to be on the bike.  I love riding roads I've never ridden.  Only got buzzed  once and chased by 2 dogs.


This old place had a detached kitchen and a dog trot.


I'm going to layout other routes from Whigham, Cairo, Climax, and Chattahoochee.  Being able to drive and unload the bike gives me access to different roads without the grind of riding from Havana.


I got some weird stares from the locals as I rode by.  Most waved and smiled when they figured out what I was.


I used to see these all the time.  Not so often anymore.


Once back at the house I built a fire, opened a Sam Adams Winter Lager, put in Call of Duty, and settled down on the couch.  It's good to be me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm down with going on some these new road adventures of yours. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the David Norman fan club tagged along with you on this ride

    ReplyDelete