Monday, March 10, 2014

And So It Begins (Again)

The Georgia State Championship Series by Gone Riding starts this weekend in Macon Ga.  I'm not near ready.  While my competition (I consider them that, they probably don't consider me that) has been doing threshold level road rides, I've been on my trainer barely holding out for an hour.  Still, I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle race wise.

With The Kid's summer college schedule I don't know if we'll be able to do the whole series this year.  He starts right about the time of the final round in Helen.  So many things can get in the way of a bike race if you let them.




Our luxury cabin in the pines

The Mountains

Ahhh, there's something about the Smokies in the springtime.  We're headed up there soon for a little biking and hiking.  Here's hoping the weather cooperates. 





Off The Bike?

I have a friend who has decided to take some time "off the bike".  He commented on how much free time he has now.  Which got me thinking.  If you add up travel time for me, which is usually at least an hour round trip, plus riding time, plus gym time, it gets to be quite a lot of time.  I'm almost scared to really add it up.

Fortunately The Lovely Wife has dealt with this type of behavior for years.  Back during my moto days she discovered how much of an ass I can be when denied my two wheel addictions.  She'd much rather have me out of the house than moping around looking for something to do. 

I mean really, how much yard work can you do?  I guess I could volunteer to work with the disadvantaged.  Just a short time spent with me and I bet I could improve their lives.  They'd just have to do everything I told them.  Think that would work?  Just kidding.

Still it does seem kind of shallow spending that much time on myself.



Oh no, I'm not getting to be one of those "sensitive people" am I?  I mean I do still volunteer on the fire department.  Cutting them out of cars and putting out their house when it's on fire is helping right?  I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do that kind of stuff though.  You don't see too many 60 year olds in turnout gear.

Anyhoo, Sorry, I kinda got lost there for a minute.    The answer is to not take time "off the bike".  I don't think the world is ready for me with that much free time.

1 comment:

  1. Time off the bike leads to madness....see ya when race season ends. Call me if you are doing a recovery ride in town. I haven't had a good argument in weeks!

    ReplyDelete