Friday, July 25, 2014

Burned Out From Exhaustion and Blown Out on the Trail

I'm tired of our local stuff.  If I was more of a roadie maybe I wouldn't get so burned out.  But I am.  Doing 3-4 hours at a time on the same trail system does get tedious.  Not tedious enough to get on the road however.  I still prefer anything dirt over pavement.

Come In She Said I'll Give Ya Shelter From the Storm

Add in the daily monsoons that are always accompanied by the sweltering humidity and you can see how it takes some of the fun out of riding.  Just a year ago I was in Colorado at this time.  I lust for the west like a dog does a squirrel during this time of year.  But life just got in the way.

In A Little Hill Top Village

Anyhoo, I'm headed to Santos early Sunday morning for a taste of something I haven't seen every week for the past month.  It won't be any cooler or dryer, but it will be different.  At least I can ride for 4 hours and not cover the same trail twice.

I Offered Up My Innocence

I finally got tired of the Magura brakes on my Epic.  I had had them warrantied twice and still they didn't perform properly.  Now they want me to send the system off so they can take a look at it.  Nah, I just went ahead and put Shimano XT on.  Soooo happy I did, I can't believe what a difference it makes in the way the bike handles.  Of course the new Racing Ralphs may have something to do with that.


Got Repaid With Scorn

Back to the Ocala trip this weekend.  There seems to be little interest from the crew in accompanying me. Must be my amazing speed on the bike recently.  I don't know what's happened.  I know the OMTP is hard to integrate into group rides.  Plus others are on their own training calendars and they also don't mesh very well.  And I guess some folks are just tired of riding bikes.  I get it, I really do.  I've been fortunate to find someone to tag along every once and awhile so I can't complain.  I do miss The Kid, I didn't realize how many times he went along.  However riding alone has it's merit.  I'm certainly getting plenty of practice at it.

By the way, the subheadings with song lyrics made The Lovely Wife uncomfortable since they don't have anything to do with whats in the paragraph below them.  So I apologize.  But I find some weird joy in sticking them in so please ignore it if it bothers you.

2 comments:

  1. Yes David...Colorado IS amazing, been here for 7 months.
    Donnie Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not ridden a mtb in 2 weeks. The summer pattern is in full effect. I'm planning to get back on it tonight, though. Hopefully, I don't regret the decision, or it will be another 2 weeks before I try again. Road and CX for me!!

    ReplyDelete