Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Is It Possible?


That I'm being selfish?  Me?  Naaaaw, not possible.  For example; everyone (almost) took off for the beach or the mountains last weekend.  What did I do?  Rode my bike.  Oh, and worked in the yard.

Co workers ask, "did you do anything special this weekend?"  I did take the Lovely Wife out to eat Saturday night.  That has to count.

We traveled the weekend before last (bike race), and will travel the next two weekends (you guessed it, bike races).

Some More Stuff About Me

Four years ago in 2013 I ran the 50+ sport class in the GSC.  Getting 4th place and missing out on a year end podium by 3 points.  For some unknown reason in 2014 I promoted myself to 50+ expert for the next season, ran the first race in the rain, dropped out, and haven't done a series till this year.  That was the year The kid was a senior in high school so I decided to just ride with all the stuff he had going on.  In 2015 I rode the Tallahassee FSC race in the 50+expert and got almost dead last.  And of course while training for the CX season I had THE CRASH.  2016 was spent trying to put myself back together.

Speaking of back together, I find myself losing muscle mass rather quickly this past year.  My weight isn't up, my waistline is a little smaller, but I have more flab.  I can lift the same or more weight at the gym so strength isn't declining (much).  I just need to eat less, or drink less beer.  Well, let's not get too crazy.


Anyhoo, here we are.  I'm thinking maybe I should have run sport this year to get in better shape for Nationals in July.  But that's all in the past.  I really did think the competition would be tougher than it has been.  It's a little weird a base rider doing Nats.  Aw hell, no one cares.

Upcoming

Bump and Grind is this weekend.  Big race, an A race for me.  Nervous?  Why yes I am.  Do I expect to win?  Yes I do.  At least the SERC class.

Next weekend is the GSC/SERC north of Atlanta.  New trail.  I am much excited about this one.

Then it's on to Helen Ga. and the grand finale.  Short track on Saturday and XC on Sunday.  Big climbs, big weekend.  Followed by Nationals in West Virginia two weeks later.

I have done the prescribed work, maybe had too many beers, maybe eaten a little too much, but I've put in the work.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment