Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Just a Blip



Feeling guilty about not writing.  Almost 2 months since the last entry.  No real reason, just lazy.  No body does these things anymore, heck I don't even read the blogs on my list.  I have years of journal entries going back to the late 70's so it's something I've done for quite a while, just not in a shared format.

Anyhoo, FB did one of those "look at what you posted 2 years ago" things and it was a blog I posted right after I broke my hip.  Wow, I'd forgotten so much already about those first weeks.  Now I'm glad that I documented it, even if nobody else is.  I wonder where (if) I'll find this post in 10 years?  Where will it be?  Maybe I should print these?  And do what with them?  Sad, all this really interesting stuff lost to time.

Racing

Bike racing, I've done some.  First round of the FSC was at Hailes again.  I rode 60+ base and I'm proud of it.  Last year I was running third when second place crashed and gifted me the spot.  This year I got first and even managed to clean some sections I couldn't do last year.  So that's an improvement.

My home race contained some bad luck for me in the way of a flat front tire.  Only DNF I've had in years.  It was my fault, I was well in the lead going into a rock creek crossing when I saw a rider walking his bike backwards in the racing line.  I should have just slowed down but nooooo.  I moved over and hit a rock.   Pffffffffffttttttt went the tire.  I was bummed but not for long.  Only one more MTB race on my calendar this year, then I start training for the GSC/SERC again.  Damn, I'll be 62 when this next season starts.

Life

The Kid is still at UF, which in itself is a good thing.  We miss him after having him home all summer but it's not like when he first left.  As I was loading up at Forest Meadows last night I suddenly thought about all the times we rode there when he was younger.  It went by quick.

The Lovely Wife is still teaching.  She's been a awful good sport about going to all these races with me.  I should do some of the stuff she likes to do now that it's the off season.  Whoa, let's not get crazy here.

I am making a pledge to myself to stay regular with this.  It may come in handy someday.

1 comment: