Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Some Direction

I don't know why I feel the need to have a plan in place to train.  I resubscribed to Training Peaks then uploaded LW's 40+ Base XC Plan.  Now I'm feeling settled.  Finally someone (or something) is telling me what to do.  Is this weird?  The process of following a plan is enjoyable to me.  It gives me some direction which results in less stress. 

So I did the LT test last week.  HR number was down 7 BPM which was disconcerting.  But I reset my zones and zone 4 still feels hard so I guess it's okay.  I really hate that test.

I got a head cold the second week.  Fun stuff.  First one I've had since February.

Racing



The Kid and I raced the FSC XC race at San Felasco two weekends ago.  We both managed to win our respective classes.  He crashed and came from behind to nip the leader right before the finish.  I had to work hard to keep Ron behind me.  He was able to stay on my wheel until half way through the second lap.  I don't know why it hurt so bad, the times were slow for both Ron and me.

Practice

Of anything to do with riding, my skills need the most work.  Fortunately the OMTP has some type of skills work prescribed every week.  Is it my favorite?  No.

Anyhoo, last weekend the crew tried to teach me something.  I was not a good student.  Sections that every one else could clean I would automatically just unclip in.  Strange.  Dr. Sworks calls it mental self preservation.   Whatever.  I was the same way with double jumps in moto.  It just takes me a while to get my confidence level up.  But I'm working on it.

Random Stuff

The weather is amazing right now.  Best fall in years!

Why do so many assholes go to my Ufit gym?  Didn't their mom teach them to put their toys away when they were done playing with them.  And my gosh, if there wasn't a mirror close by we couldn't even work out.

Is there any way to stop the white hair that grows out of my nose?  This is something they don't tell you about getting older.



A quote from Rons' wife after the race; "you guys act like you're sixteen out there."  She's right, as soon as that whistle blows I'm 16 again, it's one of the reasons I keep coming back.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment