Thursday, January 20, 2022

 




So 3 years later we meet again.  Hello old man.  I missed this writing process, it seems to have become a forgotten form with all the quick social media platforms.



Let's see, the last time we were together Blake had just graduated from UF.  He stayed with H2 for almost a year and right at the start of the virus they let him go.  Tough times.  He took a walk about touring the west and finally landed a job as a contractor with Leidos in Durham NC.  He contracted for a year and they just added him as a full time engineer this week.  He likes it up there, I miss him down here, but it's working out like it should.



The lovely Wife has been retired from teaching for a couple of years now.  It was killing her.  She substituted for a while until the virus hit then decided to wait till it passed.  You know how that's turning out.



I hired a cycling coach from CTC.  It's expensive and I can't really say it's been completely worth it.  I've enjoyed it, just not sure it's helping me that much.  I'm in it for another year then we'll see where we stand.



We have really been enjoying the van.  Great to take to the races.  Fun to just travel in.  Too many trips to list here.  We have a lot more trips planned in the coming year.  I expect to double our travel time once I retire.  



Speaking of retirement.  That's both scary and exciting at the same time.  I'm looking forward to it like a kid looks forward to summer vacation.  Wrong?  We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment