Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Little Longer Ride


I'm in the mood for a longer ride without doing laps of the same trail and since I'm a noob at this MTB stuff I laid out a route, that on paper anyway, looks interesting. I know there are trail systems in Tallahassee that I haven't ridden that can make up a longer ride but riding in town doesn't seem as appealing to me as the ANF does. My proposed route starts at the St. Marks trail head, makes it's way over to the Silver Lake Rec. area in about 15 miles, then a loop down to Springhill, back across on LL Wallace, across 319 , onto the St. Marks trail, back to Munson, and back to the trail head. All in all about 40 miles which should make up a good half days ride IF the roads are all passable. I can resupply water at Silver Lake and at Trout Pond if necessary.




Well what do you think? Anybody up for something like this? No? Well I think I'll wait till it gets a little hotter around the end of June and give this a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment