Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moonlight


The monthly full moon ride at Munson had a bigger group than last time I think we had 8 show up. The temps were in the upper 80's with a mostly clear sky so we got to see the moon rise. Some of our group were brave enough to ride without lights but I'm too old for that so Rupe and I lit up the world with our helmet lights and enjoyed a casual pace for the 8 mile loop.


The feds had just burned a portion of the forest that the trail passes through, some of the lighter stumps were still on fire so the group stopped to roast marshmallows. I couldn't quite get into standing in front of a smoky fire in the middle of July to eat black things on a stick so I just enjoyed the quiet of the woods.


With a nose as big as mine I get to enjoy the different smells of the forest at night something you don't seem to get in the heat and humidity of the day or maybe I just don't take the time. There's something about a night ride that makes you feel good. The music on the way home just sounded better.

No comments:

Post a Comment