Friday, July 16, 2010

Puddles


Rain every day this week. It reminds me of the scene from Forest Gump "one day it started raining and it didn't quit for 3 months" it sounds better if you say it in a real southern drawl. Along with this comes the 95 degree days with 98% humidity oh well that's just summer in Florida it's better than being snowed in for days at a time (I guess).


Our little group went to Forest Meadows Wednesday evening even though it had been flooding earlier in the day. Rupe, Giant, a newbie that Giant had met on a road bike ride, and I sloshed through the puddles of standing water on the multi use trail. It was so humid it was hard to breath both in and out!


We did the lake loop over to Overstreet and down the Silk trail which held up surprisingly well. At the power line we went across McClay and down the power line behind Ricky Carmichael's house to Timberlane, turned around and came back to Overstreet. The short section on McClay was scary I don't like cars when I'm on a bicycle.


I took a look at my totals on the Garmin 305 and so far this year it shows 507 bicycle miles and 170 run miles. That's on the low side as I haven't taken it on all my rides and it conked out on me a couple of times when I forgot to charge the battery still that's not bad mileage for an old man.


We're going to ride someplace really different this weekend I'll let you know how that goes.


BTW if you're enjoying reading this or maybe not enjoying it but just like to watch a train wreck how about a comment or two. It doesn't hurt to follow the blog. Nobodies going to steal your identity or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment