Tuesday, October 18, 2011

2.5 Pounds



Man, the weekend started out great As a matter of fact, the whole weekend turned out great. I got a good checkup from my doctor on Friday. I was feeling sooooo good I just had to go to Oscars (located in beautiful downtown Havana) and reward myself with a Paginolia (sp?) sandwich, with pasta salad, and pound cake for dessert. Of course I started it off with a couple of Rolling Rocks and added a Peroni with the meal just for good measure. I know that was a little bit much but I thought I'd burn it off the next day at the Dirty Spaghetti.



Saturday morning I had my usual pre race bagel, then nothing but gels and water until we finished the 62 mile ride. A couple of Rolling Rocks after the ride and I was very relaxed as we rolled down to the community center for the after ride meal of spaghetti. I piled the noodles on, dumped a shovel full of sauce, two pieces of bread, another beer from PJ, and the end piece of red velvet cake. You know, the one that has the icing on two sides. I don't know how you make a meal for 400 people and still get it that good.



I don't want to do a ride report. Suffice to say I had let my mouth get away from me earlier and had to eat a post ride meal of crow to go with my spaghetti, courtesy of BW. The after ride antics were worth all the pain though. It was pretty plain that we had more fun at our table than any body else.



Back at the house, after a little nap, I settled in for some college football. Of course I had to have some wings and onion rings to go along with the game. And damn if somebody didn't buy a bag of Reeses and leave them where I could see them in the fridge. I waddled off to bed.




Sunday morning I was sore but believe it or not still hungry. Coffee, juice, and a bacon bagel started it off. Then the same person that bought the Reeses baked some kind of a creamy cheesey pastry. I devoured three slices before we went for an easy ride with the crew. After the ride we did the mandatory lunch at Tropical Smoothie. Then grilled scallops for dinner. Oh yea, I left out the half bottle of wine I drank while cooking the scallops.



You see where this is going? You know where it ended up. Yea, 2.5 pounds up from Friday morning. I'm lucky it wasn't 5 pounds. If I hadn't burned those 4500 calories at the Spaghetti it would have been. I started cutting back Monday and managed to drop a half of a pound. That means by the weekend I just may be back to normal. But it's a lite riding week due to the FSC bike race next weekend in Gainesville. Plus it's raining Tuesday night so I'll miss my regular ride. That means two nights in the gym. You just can't burn much off in there. So before you know it it'll be Friday.

Just in time to start all over again. Ain't life grand?



1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree, that our table had more fun than the others!

    ReplyDelete