Friday, May 17, 2013

Is This Love?

 
I have a new toy.  Did I really need it?  Do any of us really need things like this?  No.  Am I faster on it than the old toy?  No.  Was it love on the first ride?  No.  After all it still has a 1956 motor (a damn good looking motor if I do say so my self).  I did fall in love with it on the second ride though.  The big wheels do what I expected, but the pleasant surprise was the drive train.  I noticed the 2X10 set up helped me in certain sections.  The new toy has a brain, well really it has 2.  I purchased this particular toy because I like that option and I have not been disappointed.  Yet.

We race the next 2 weekends and I am excited.  Conyers Ga. is this weekend and I like that trail system.  The next race is Dauset and I don't particularly care for racing there.  It's a great place to trail ride but I find it difficult to race on.  I may change my strategy after my dismal performance at the last race.  According to the OMTP I should be almost to the top of my fitness.  I don't feel like the top but we'll see soon enough.

Not About A Bike

The Kid is in his last week of school as a junior.  He got to march into the auditorium this week as a rising senior.  He's thrilled, I'm scared.  They tell you it goes by fast but you don't have any idea how fast until you live it.  It'll freak you out if you dwell on it too much.  Raising him has been a little like a training plan.  Did I do too much?   Was I too hard?  Not hard enough?  The mistakes stick out in my mind.  The good stuff?  I hope he remembers that.


If you've already been through all this, maybe more than once, you understand.  You may even think I'm being a little silly and you're probably right.  If you've yet to experience this approaching milestone take a minute to think about it.

Cliff made him pose by a gopher hole.  Looks thrilled doesn't he?

Anyhoo enough melancholia!  I'll post a race report next week.  See ya on the next page.

1 comment: