Friday, October 25, 2013

Cross

 
I have no idea why I like Cyclocross (CX) so much.  I only go to 2 races a year.  Not because they're aren't more to go to, I'm just too lazy to ride in a truck for 6+ hours just to race 45 minutes.  I guess if I really did like it as much as I say I do I'd put up with the travel right?.  But the XC season trips are still fresh in my memory, plus the races in Georgia don't have a 55+ class.  I think that's enough excuses?

Anyhoo, I've been practicing with Tallahassee's finest CX racers for a couple of evenings over the past two weeks.  They've got two tracks laid out in a pasture type setting, we do 3 sets of 10 minute efforts with 5 minutes of rest between.  Except for last night when we did a 30 minute tempo ride.  I guess it reminds me of moto, multiple laps over the same track, kinda like riding what we used to call grass track.  Fun.

Tallycross

They tell me CX is the next big thing in cycling.  I don't know about that but I can see the attraction.  The race in Tallahassee (Tallycross) is December 8+9 and as of today it will be held at the intersection of I-10 and 90 on the east side of town.  Oh, and there will be a 55+ class.  I plan to dominate it. 

 
If you race a bicycle, or have ever thought about racing one, you should be there.  If you drink beer, or ever think about drinking beer, you should be there also.  Spectating is almost as much fun as racing.

http://www.tallycross.com/

Fall


 

It goes without saying that this is a great time of year.  Summer finally losses it's dripping, wet, humid grip.  Last night, as I took a cool down lap around Lake Overstreet, the sun was setting, and the woods had that golden glow.  I should have stopped to take a picture.  They say they are worth 1000 words, especially my words.  Why is it the days get short as soon as the weather gets nice?  I dread starting to run lights.

Higher Ground has been doing an early ride at 4:30 on Thursdays.  When I can slip away I have enjoyed going.  The best part is that Todd cracks the keg open when we get back.  Free beer always tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment