Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Off Weekend

Well not quite.  I still traveled one day to see my mother.  I am tired of looking at the interstate through the windshield.

I managed to get most of my prescribed workouts in last week despite missing all day Sunday.  I was short on total time on the bike by :30 and missed a core workout and a yoga session.  Well when I type it out it looks like I missed a lot.  Those yoga deals (2/ week) are the hardest to make time for.  It's just :20 each so I don't know why I avoid them.

Odd thing, my weight is up, and staying up.  I've started cutting further back on intake but it's not showing on the scales.  Sad, I was planning on losing a couple of pounds before nationals in July.  Now it looks like I'll have to be satisfied with getting back to regular race weight.

Grandpa Shawn

That's what Blake and his friends called him.  He was killed on his bike last week by a distracted driver.  Very sad and very upsetting.  He left behind a wife and 13 year old son.  

Blake rides those roads all the time and it terrifies me.  I've always felt that the punishment for distracted or stupid driving should be harsh if you kill or even injure someone.  From my years of riding a motorcycle on the road I have developed a keen hatred for dumb ass drivers.  Mainly because if they were to hit me I would have come out on the losing end, much like a cyclist.

Bicycles have even less of a chance than motorcycles.  They are very slow, very small, skinny tires, no power, and for some reason some drivers think they have the right to disobey traffic laws when it comes to bikes.

I'm not really sure that harsher punishment would change things, look at drunk driving.  

Anyhoo, my road bike is for sale.

God speed Shawn.

Happier Days

This weekend I plan to be at home the whole weekend!  The weather looks questionable but hey, there's always Munson.

I've been fantasizing about a camper van for racing and eventually retirement.  Kinda cliche huh?  They are damn sure expensive but I'm intrigued.  Winnebago Travato 59g (I think) is what looks like the best deal for the money.  The Lovely Wife doesn't seem as pumped as I am though.

Blake is staying in Gainesville for the summer.  That's the hottest place in the state this time of year.  

Got some blood work done this week for my physical next week.  I feel great and I'm very healthy, still, I worry they might find something.  I haven't had one in a couple of years.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment