Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Dauset and Some Weird Stuff


SERC #5/ GSC #4, SERC Time Trial on Saturday

Just The Lovely Wife and I on this trip, Blake decided to stay in Gainesville to celebrate the graduation of some of his friends.  If he wasn't in a 5 year program he'd be graduating.  Seems like I just took him to orientation last week.

Under the weird stuff heading, we had our credit card hacked at the Pilot station in Albany Ga.  Luckily I have an app that shows every transaction as soon as it goes in.  We returned to the station and confronted the clerk who claimed to know nothing about it.  Anyway, I canceled the transaction and had the card stopped.  Albany is a piss stain of a place.

Gone Riding had marked a great trail for both the XC and the TT.  It's another perfect setting for a race.  Even though my competitor isn't very competitive I ran at the TT hard.  Finishing 15/45 with the second fastest white wave time.  We headed for dinner at French Market in Locust Grove.


TT pic, I'm so fast I blur the camera

After a very pleasant dinner (not quite to Chili's standards but nice for a change) we went looking for our hotel.  I had made reservations at a La Quinta but upon arriving we couldn't find one, anywhere.  I called and the clerk explained they had been bought out by Holiday Inn and were now under that sign.  Okay.  So we check in, get to our room, and the AC isn't working.  There was only one person working in the hotel, he was super nice but was way overwhelmed trying to check in people and get us another room.  Finally after an hour we got into a room with working AC.  My campervan fantasy is looking better all the time.

To add to the hotel deal there wasn't any coffee ready in the breakfast nook, took them 15 minuets to get some.  All the while my fellow man was walking around in his PJ's with his little bedroom slippers sliding across the floor.  Disgusting.



XC Sunday

Clear and cool with a steady breeze.  Good trails to warm up on.  Not a very big turnout.

I got a good start and paced myself, I was a little concerned after the TT on Saturday, thinking about cramping.  I didn't have any issues except that I must have hit my derailleur as half way through the second lap the bike started ghost shifting (Marcus at Higher Ground confirmed this today).  There was a fair amount of climbing and the trail was rough as Red Bug in spots.  I enjoyed it more today looking back than I did Sunday.

Anyhoo, I beat Stan by 5 minuets, passing all the 50+ and Clydesdale's in the process.


Who thinks David's awesome?  Raise your hands.
We managed to make it home without anymore weird stuff happening.  I'm writing this on Tuesday and I'm still a little tired.  There's 3 weeks until Chattanooga, I'm ready for a weekend at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment