Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Day!

I had a whole lot more fun this past weekend at the local Stomp race than I did last weekend at Santos. There's a lot to be said for sleeping in your own bed and just driving 30 minutes to get to the event. It was a well run and well executed race which for everything that was going on at Tom Brown that day was saying something.

Big goofy grin, can you tell it was my birthday?




The 50+ class was the biggest of the day with 8 riders in it. SteveA took it to me and everybody else after making a block pass on Frank. I was content not to strain myself too much and rode to a conservative second. It must have been an "easy" day for me, yea, that's what it was. Really I had nothing for SteveA; he's at that Sport level now and has left me behind. But hey it was a great day anyway. Rupe won his class and finally got to ride with someone close to his own age. The weather was perfect and after a few Blue Moons T and I watched the sunset from the patio of Oscar's Italian Restaurant in beautiful downtown Havana.





They're Coming, Watch Out!


When you think about it it's the people that make the racing fun. The jokes and bench racing are icing on the cake of a good day. Going to big races where you don't know many of the riders is a thrill but to me it's not nearly as much fun as racing with folks you know. Even if the butt heads beat you it's still fun.
AMSTERDAM


The first of what passes for single track

Sunday afternoon T and I went up to put the finishing touches on the Tour route. By this time next week this project will be over. If it all goes well and the turnout is decent I may do it again next year but I'm ready for it to be over right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment