Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Race Report











I'm sure it will be better covered by other local bloggers, both those who finished in front of me and the few that finished behind me. The Redbug Challenge was fun even though I didn't do as well as I should have. If you'll look at the picture above you'll see I am standing with the women's class. I mean no disrespect to the ladies but it was not the place for me to be at the start. Suffice to say they got out in front of me due to my timid starting procedure and their urge to crush each other. I had listened to my "friend" BJS when he said "a 25 minute lap time should be about right". Of course he went out and turned 23.66 minute laps and blistered the whole class. Oh well it was a blast anyway. It was a "C" race for me since I'm the only one in my class WHO IS ACTUALLY RACING A SERIES. There, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. By the way I'm proud of B, he bumped up to the older class and had a good ride. He actually showed some emotion when he crossed the finish line. Most of the time he reminds me of Dr. Spock on the old Star Treck series. Must be a teenage thing. Of course it may not be as wonderful to be my son as I think it is.










Local races are so different than out of town events. Here everybody yells at you as you go by. Even though it's not always complementary (not when I go by anyway) at least it takes your mind off the suffering. There was a good vibe after the race since most of us know or have at least seen each other before. A large group ended up at Moe Moe's Pizza after the ride. We ate and drank outside under the trees. I was sorry to see the day end. I went home and fell asleep on the back porch like a happy dog.








I got the stitches out the other day so for the first time in maybe a month I don't have anything to complain about when I ride. It was a relief to walk out of the doctors office knowing I was free of that crap for at least a little while. Whenever you get two or more guys over 50 together the conversation invariably turns to medical issues. Don't think you'll be like that? I didn't either.

3 comments:

  1. You kicked ass. You beat my last years time by Three minutes and change. So be proud you traitorous BASTARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those loose quotes around "friend" does seem appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that your shining moment, heckling me as you blazed past me at the turn in front of the crowd, was photographed, providing you the opportunity to memorialize it.

    ReplyDelete