Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seven Days






Yep, that's how long I've been off the bike. It seems like much longer. From a career in the sunshine I get these little presents that pop up on my arms almost every year. My dermatologist seems to get a kick out of slicing and dicing these things off of me so with 6 stitches I figured I better not ride till it got closed up a little. On a positive note the time off allowed me to do some things I had been putting off. I cooked more, cleaned the kitchen, and even slept better. But I found myself looking out the back door wondering if this is how the rest of the world lives their days.








I went to Munson Monday this week and was surprised how good it felt to be riding again. I am addicted to cycling at the present time, in the past I've been addicted to running and to motorcycles, but it's bicycles now.












It left the house in the back of a black Ford F-250 pickup. I have had one since I was 11 years old (except for a 4 year break for college and marriage) and this is the first time in all those years that I'll be without one. The guy who bought my Honda 450 got a good deal. I knew he was leaving with the bike when he saw it and said "wow" as he walked into the shop. After he left I had a beer and just stood in the empty space the bike had just occupied. All those years, all those miles.












We've got a busy summer coming up. The Red Bug Challenge is this weekend, then we have 3 more rounds of the Georgia State Series, plus Bump and Fools Gold. We made a commitment to do the Georgia Series and with gas at $4.00 a gallon I don't know how many of the other over night events we'll be able to do. Heck, ya know, maybe we should just do them all, you only go around once right? They say they only regrets you'll have are the opportunities you missed. Besides I'm tired of staring out the back door.

















































































1 comment:

  1. The section about standing in the empty space of the MX bike choked me up. Change is hard, take it from me.

    ReplyDelete