Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And So It Begins

The down hill run to Christmas. I have a friend who says "the best time of the year is ruined by Thanksgiving and Christmas". I'm not that cynical (yet) but the older I get the more I

see where he's coming from.




Contrary to that statement Thanksgiving was perfect this year. Lil Ball, BJS, Blake the Snake (BTS), and another Junior who's name I can't remember, met at 8:30 Thursday morning at Forest Meadows for a 2 hour MTB ride. I thought it was going to be a hammer fest but it turned out to be mellow. I got back home in time to enjoy the obligatory dinner and after a glass of wine I fell asleep on the back porch. Ah, my kind of day.





I did something that afternoon that I hadn't done in a while and that's walk 9 holes of golf. It's usually a disaster and destroys my normally calm demeanor but not this time. I had the whole course to myself, yep just me and my PBR. I actually didn't play that bad either.





Friday I got on the cross bike that's living at my house while Big Worm is in Africa and rode for about an hour. It was frustrating at first but after awhile I started to enjoy it. I can see the attraction. I feel my R.A.S. starting to focus.





Anyhoo we did the fam thing over the weekend which didn't include any two wheeled entertainment so it was good to get back on the bike Tuesday night for the Higher Ground/ BC ride. The Wrecking Ball family managed to destroy their lights, as did Big Worm, which led to much shouting and squealing in the dark.





The Old Man Training Plan (OMTP) that I'm developing is off to a slow start. Can you imagine that? I've got my average training hours for last year, set up my race schedule for next year, and upped my gym time. I'm bad about getting on these little kicks only to get tired of fooling with it long before it does me any good. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment: