Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Misc.


Only 2 work days this week then I'm off. This is good.



During a 2.5 hour MTB ride last Saturday it felt like I was pedaling in peanut butter. I wrote it off as just having wimpy legs. But, while cleaning the bike later that day I found what looked like black hair wrapped around my axle, my cassette, and both my derailleur wheels. Nothing was spinning freely. It took me an hour to clean the mess out and get things turning again. It was some type of moss (has PP been near my bike?) that had the strength of fishing line. No telling how long it's been in there since I hadn't washed the bike since a week ago Friday. In defense of my sloppiness it was very hard to see, being black and all. Anyhoo I expect to be able to easily stay up with BJS now that I have fixed that problem.






Oh, and look at my new green grips. I am such a slave to aesthetics.






I am currently reading a book which will surely turn my cycling into a form of torture. The Cyclist's Training Bible is like a text book, complete with suggestions about taking notes and making lists. I'm so confused right now I'll probably just put it down. Is it really worth all that just for a ribbon with a little medallion hanging on it? If I do well then I just get promoted to the expert class and have to do another lap. I can already see my motivation slipping away.






I hope we get in some rides over the Thanksgiving holidays. I'll see ya on the downhill slide to Christmas.





1 comment:

  1. Oh but it is soooo much more than the "ribbon", but you know that. I'm happy to know that you will now be able to stay up with me now that your bike is clean. I was getting tired of riding alone, although I am pretty sure Blake was trying to clean the dirt out of my rear tire with his front one last night.

    ReplyDelete