Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Strange










Halloween's a big time at our house. We've done something like this for the last 10 years. We have people show up early just to see if we're ready. We don't try to scare the little kids, it's the teenagers we have the most fun with. Even though they know it's coming we can still get them to jump. I keep thinking that B will lose interest as he gets older but look at me, 55 and still dressing up. Kinda weird huh?







On the cycling side we did a fam ride last Saturday at Forest Meadows. Then on Sunday B, TC, CC, and I rode Tom Brown. We just happened to run into a skills class at Piney Z and spent some time hanging out there. When TC goes and you run into someone to talk to your gonna spend a little time. It looked like 10-15 people came out for the class. I know I need a skills lesson but that was a little too basic even for me.







We then headed over to the Hill of Death so TC and the boys could try to climb it. It seems BJS had ridden up it before he had his most recent "issues" and TC was determined to give it a try. All three of them spent some time attempting to get to the top but never made it. I did hill repeats on the Jr. hill. It was good to watch the boys just mess around on their bikes. We tend to get into the habit of grinding out miles and don't spend near enough time playing.







The Higher Ground ride is growing. I thought when it got dark people would stop coming but just the opposite.


This weekend is the Cyclocross race in Tallahassee. B and I are tempted to race it. We'll see how the practice laps go tonight. It might be more fun just to watch. Even though every time I've done that I ended up wishing I'd raced.


I love this time of year.




It's already November. It'll be Christmas before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. That's right, I cleared the HOD. Now I will never try riding it again (quit while I'm ahead).

    Great pics! Next year I'm coming to your house on Holloween.

    ReplyDelete