Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I'm Excited!









Good rides this past week. Rolling through Weems Plantation with Big Worm, Wrecking Ball, and Lil Ball.




Wrecking Ball looks way too happy about the flat. He wasn't as happy at the end of the ride.




After I stopped and lent him a tube he complained about my bike smelling like dog crap. Bad Karma.




This is him around the 2 hour mark. I wish I had video. The grunting sounds he was making were interesting. There wasn't any dog crap on his bike, I think he just felt like crap.




Big Worm rolls up his sleeves in preparation for the butt whipping he would soon apply to us. Not really, it was a light effort for the most part.



Big Jim is noticeably absent from these rides. What's up with that?



We ate lunch at Monks. The hardest part about the day was finding a place to park when we got there. I was probably the oldest person in the place.



The new trainer is up and running in my garage. I haven't used a light on the bike so far this year. I have a TV and an old DVD player hooked up so I can watch cycling movies while I pedal in one spot for what seems like hours. Not what I'd call fun but it beats driving an hour round trip to Tallahassee to ride in sketchy weather. Ask me how much I like it in a month.



I pulled the trigger on a new Felt F55X CX bike. It's in town but hasn't been built up yet. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Isn't new bike day fun? I'm planning all kinds of long paved and graded road rides. Maybe something across the Apalachicola National Forest before it gets too hot? 100 miles on graded roads? Pretty big plans for an old an who's never ridden more than 50 miles huh?



The Tour of San Felasco is this weekend. 50 or 62 miles of great trails just North of Gainesville. I hope to do the 62 mile option but I fear I'm mentally weak and when presented with the option at mile 45 I will head for the beer and pizza at the finish. That's the finish at mile 50. We'll see.



The TOUR OF AMSTERDAM 30 mile mountain bike poker run is scheduled for March 3, 2012. The course will be slightly different than last year and I'll spread the prizes out to the top 5 poker hands. The first 50 entries for the MTBs will get a lunch ticket, if we get any over that you'll just have to hope someone will share. That sounds kind of harsh but we can only feed a limited number. We had 32 riders last year so I'm optimistic we will fill up quick.


I gotta go. My phone's ringing, maybe it's Higher Ground calling to tell me my bike's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment