Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tour Time Again

March 3rd is the date this year for the second annual Tour of Amsterdam Mountain Bike Poker Run. I'm planning on a full 30 mile route this year with some different stuff and some stuff run in the opposite direction from last year.

The ride is held on 14,000 acres of privately owned land just outside of Attapulgus Ga.We will have 50 entries that will include the Dancing Chickens for lunch, if we get more than that we'll cook burgers and dogs if folks want them. Unfortunately we are limited on the Dancing Chickens due to the fact that Mr. Boatright can only cook so many. He donates his time, expertise, and food. So we can have as many bikes as we want but first 50 will get the Chickens. I hope we get more than 50, if we do please understand about the lunch. Your money is going to a good cause.




All the proceeds go to benefit the Children's Miracle Network at Shands Hospital in Gainesville Fl.





I spend a lot of time on this property but it's still a treat for me to be able to ride it. There's nothing technical and no real single track but it's a different place to ride.






I'll arrow it better this year so Carol won't get lost again.







I will also go 5 deep on the poker run prizes instead of 3 like I did last year.


I think everybody who entered last year had a good time. Some got lost, some took a while to do the route, but I didn't hear any major complaints.






Please help me spread the word. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.






The address for entering is: shandsgiving.org




1 comment: