Thursday, August 26, 2010


School has started for the kid so he missed the ride last night at FM. We did get to go to TB both Saturday and Sunday for some short but very enjoyable rides. We played around on the qualifier to the big drop on Magnolia and never could get up the nerve to ride it. The drop was fun though. On Cadillac we messed around with that rooty section that gives us so much grief but never got through it clean either. I kept thinking something about an old dog and new tricks.


FM last night was a workout. Nobody from the regular moto crew could go and since I'd not ridden since Sunday I was in the mood to ride. I rode by myself at a pace where I was winded but not gasping except on the lake climb and was headed back to the truck after completing the lake loop and Red Bug when I ran into the BC group unloading.


They graciously asked me to tag along and we went back out on RB at a moderate (for me, slow for them) pace. Now I have no trouble on these hills with my regular group so when we started up the first one I looked down, made a couple of cranks, looked up, and these guys were gone. They even had to circle back to look for me. Humbling, but I did enjoy the abuse.


The days are getting shorter but it's not any cooler. Well maybe a little, it's 93 instead of 99 but the humidity seems worse than I remember.


We're planning on running the 8k/5k race at FM this Saturday. I haven't been running regularly so this should be another opportunity to be humbled.

1 comment:

  1. It was good having you on the "BC" ride last night. Come out and join us again real soon.

    ReplyDelete