Friday, August 6, 2010


We did another junior ride on the Greenway Tuesday and it brought back memories of Rupe when he first started pedaling off road. I can remember the meltdowns "I hate these hills" and "stupid bike!" It took all I could do not to scream at him back then and I was successful (most of the time). I knew he had to get over the learning curve before he could begin to really enjoy the ride and it was (is) my responsibility to keep him stringing along until he got there.


I got to meet a couple of new people on the ride and I am getting the hang of riding and talking. Something you can't do on a dirt bike. I've also noticed a real lack of attitude among MTBRs. Everyone I've met has been friendly with none of the swagger I'd become accustomed to in moto. Heck maybe it's just me; ya think?


It rained out our usual FM ride on Wednesday which meant two days of gym work for me this week so by Thursday evening I was ready for a ride. Me, Giant, Rupe, Bob Marley, and an acquaintance of Bobs rode TB. It looked like rain the whole way to the trail head but conditions turned out to be perfect and we had a short but quick paced ride. That place is really turning out to be my favorite trail.


I have a tough decision to make within the next few weeks regarding a commitment on the moto side. It's both financial and time that's got me worried. I don't know if I really want to do more than I'm doing right now. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment