Monday, August 2, 2010

Sticky


Hard to breathe. My clothes are soaked after just minutes. The air seems heavy with moisture with almost a fog hanging off the ground. Even though the suns not blazing yet it is still HOT!


Rupe and I ran a 5k/5 mile run in the Wakulla State Forest Saturday morning. The trail was sandy across palmetto roots and even ran down to a spring and back. For a description of how it felt see above but I still enjoyed the run. It was a tough 5 miles and reminded me of the enduros I used to do in the Ocala National Forest where I thought my brain was going to fry. Rupe downed a whole bag of energy jelly beans and didn't stretch before the run so naturally he had side cramps and pain in his hip which forced him to walk part of the 5k. He wasn't into it that morning and I appreciate him going along anyway. Once we got home we didn't leave the house until we all went to eat Mexican in Bainbridge that night.


Sunday dawned much the same as Saturday as we headed to Forest Meadows for a group ride. And what a group it was. It felt like a road bike pelaton (sp?). My guess was 20 riders of all skill levels. It was enjoyable to ride and talk. After the big group ride Rupe and I did the lake loop for a good 16 miles total. For the first time in a long time by lunch I'd had enough.


Now here it is Monday and I'm ready to go again. Man I must be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment