Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Weekend


The Fam and some friends did an early morning boat tour at Wakulla Springs last Saturday. There was a light fog on the water and we got to see manatees, gators, and all sorts of birds. Afterwards we all enjoyed a huge breakfast at the lodge and went snorkeling in the springs. The only downside was the popularity of the springs on a hot summer day, it was crowded by the time we left, but all in all a good trip.


We picked up some athletic gear bags from Sports Authority that worked perfectly for our MTB stuff for half the cost of lesser bags from the bike shop.


By Sunday afternoon I was ready for a bike ride again unfortunately Rupe was not so I headed to TB with my music for a planned moderate pace ride by myself. I cranked the forks down to the shortest travel and had the pro pedal on and it seemed to help cornering on the hard pack. As I was almost done with my first lap I ran into BW and TC and was honored by a lap with BW. The skills these guys have in the technical sections amazes me and with a few pedal strokes they're out of sight.


Rupe and I did Munson Monday last night with a big group. He went on the shorter route while I chased TC on twilight. My tongue was hanging in my spokes by the time we got back to the truck but I like being pushed and was pleased with my stamina. Rupe had tunes and enjoyed the ride.


We are both planning on doing the XC race at TB in September so that gives me something to train for. I hope not to get last place or puke. Not very lofty goals but it's something.


We did pick up the orange beast but haven't ridden it yet. We'll just wait and see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment