Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ride Alone


Yea I went by myself last night. It flooded at Lake Jackson Tuesday evening so I figured Root Bug would be a wash and I had read where the soccer complex had over flowed onto the trail washing a section out so I opted for Munson. Besides they have been doing some rehab and new construction there and I was anxious to see how it worked.


Rupe was "too tired to go" plus he had some math homework to finish so I let him off, then Blank canceled, I never got in touch with Giant or K2 and I guess after my last ride with Wheeldeal and his group he was leary of going with me again. So I plugged in my new MP3 and set off for a solo ride complete with soundtrack.


The Feds had taken out a section through some ponds which was one of my favorite areas and rerouted a shorter path to the Tall Pines Shortcut bench. This is kinda of a trade off as the new trail is a mixture of clay and dirt, packed and bermed, and a lot of fun. The rest of the old trail was dry and sandy as I assumed it had rained down there of course it never seems to rain on Munson.


I rode Munson all the way around only seeing 3 other riders then I took the Tall Pines Shortcut and made another loop. The MP3 was a distraction at first since Rupe had been using it and had it set to repeat on Black Sabbath only. I do like Sabbath but the third time through Orchid I stopped to try to get it back to play all. After calling home to try to get him to tell me how to reset it I got lucky and figured it out for myself so I rode along with the Who and Neil Young for 13 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment