Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tuesday Ride


NA and I went for a little 10 mile ride at Tom Brown yesterday evening. Rode it in a different direction than I normally do so it seemed new. We rode a casual pace without much stopping all the way out to the Greenway and back where we ran into the TMBA doing a time trial on the Magnolia CC trail. I was tempted to take a shot at it but I felt kinda weird. I don't really know those folks and I didn't see much gray hair among the 20 or so riders hanging around. I'm trying not to make the MTB a competitive thing but I seem to go in that direction when given a chance.


I wonder what they think of the old man sitting there thinking of doing the run. I forget how I look, I certainly don't feel a day over 30. I felt like the new (old) kid on somebody else's playground.


Anyway I joined the association so we'll see where that goes.


I did get an invite to join the big group ride starting on Fern yesterday but I'm not sure if my speed or skills are up to that level yet. Blank had ridden with them before and assured me I could hang. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment