Monday, May 10, 2010

Not Interested Right Now



I have had a passion (my wife calls it a disease) for motorcycles. I've ridden something for 43 years. Most of my friends I've met through motorcycles. We traveled to Wyoming and all over the east coast when we had street bikes but my real love has always been off road.




But you see that's the problem. Since I started mountain biking I have lost the urge to ride my motorcycle. It's a strange feeling not wanting to ride but I'm obsessed with this bicycle deal.




Somethings wrong for a man my age to be so focused on a hobby don't you think? My motorcycle friends say I've gone over to the dark side. I hope the spark comes back one day.




It may have something to do with the (perceived) danger of modern motocross tracks. I get really tired of having to concentrate on clearing an obstacle that if I don't clear it some spode who can't even turn a bike beats me. Track builders keep on adding more jumps because some snot nose brat is going to be the next Ricky Carmichael and he "can't get no better if'n he don't do them ar jumps" please. Do I sound bitter? Maybe like a sore loser? Could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment