Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Age Thing


I find myself searching racing results for riders older than 50. It makes me cringe when they mention that they "even had a 54 year old racing today". Whats wrong with people my age? Don't they like to compete?


Now don't get the idea that I'm some type of top level athlete (or that I ever was). I'm just a weekend warrior and not a very good one. Though I do seem to do ok at certain running events as long as the fast Tallahassee guys are running somewhere else. I'm pretty much middle of the pack in MX and back of the pack in MTB. In both of these I'm running in the lower skill levels. It would be nice to keep the MTB ride not as competitive as I let other things get. Competition has a way of spoiling some things that should just be enjoyed.


I did manage to work my way into the A class in off road endurance motorcycle racing but I got tired of wearing holes in my body and not really enjoying the ride.


This blog thing is kind of narcissistic isn't it. Kinda all about me. Hey I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment