Friday, May 14, 2010

Wednesday Ride



Rupe, the Giant and I went to Tom Brown Wednesday evening for a little MTB ride. Lots of other riders there, many going in the opposite direction we were which made for interesting corners. Rupe kept up pretty well it seems like just last week he complained of the hills on the multi use now I have to push hard to drop him, it won't be long before I hear "on your left" as he pushes past.




The Giant had ridden his road bike a couple of times during the week and had pounded out whoops in the ANF on his dirt bike so he didn't mind a little more relaxed pace. He usually rolls hard (for us) and after an hour at his pace my legs start to go away. Anyway 12.5 miles went by quick and I enjoyed my traditional Monster on the ride home.


Looking forward to the Wakulla 5k this Saturday. I got a third there in class last year and hope to do better this year. They give away cool prizes for the top 3 places in each age class which makes it more interesting. I've been trying to work on my running form which makes me run a little tight. This run is all off road which means a shorter stride and not as much traction but the scenery is fantastic.




Hope to ride the MTB sometime over the weekend if I can find somebody who wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment