Monday, May 24, 2010

Fam Ride


Sometimes you just need to relax and go for a scenic bike ride. You know, just enjoy the woods, take time to look around. That's how the family (fam) ride rolls. Rupe is getting quicker with the technical stuff and with time his legs will improve. Bunk still struggles with the new and improved Magnolia trail. She has a hard time relaxing, letting go of the brakes, and just flowing. She stresses that she is holding us up (which she is) and we try to reassure her that we need a slow day every now and then and that I'm just glad she likes to go.


I don't see many families out on the trail which is a shame. Maybe they're there and I just miss them but I don't think so. For many years I participated in a sport that was just mine and there's nothing wrong with that but it's good to do things together. Let me tell you when you get a little older you realize how fast time goes by. So slow down every once in a while, take the family, you don't need to be Johnny Hot Shoe Racer all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment